Meditation with Annie Loyd
Becoming more mindful is a bit like going to the gym. You won’t notice results after one visit, and you won’t notice results if you only go once every three weeks.
You must consistently engage in a formal meditation practice as it is in the practice where real change is experienced. You can also become more mindful through an informal meditation practice like becoming aware of what you are eating, or becoming aware and engaging all your senses when you read a report or attend a meeting, or read your child a bedtime story.
This practice is becoming increasingly mainstream with hospitals, armies and corporations engaging in meditation to enable them to make better decisions, enhance productivity, create better relationships, manage pain, trauma, etc.
Outcomes of Meditation Practices
- Greater clarity
- Increased emotional regulation
- Increased attention regulation (greater focus and concentration)
- Greater resilience to stress
- Improved memory and learning
- Better decision making ability
- Improved relationships
- Improved immune system
- Better management of pain (both physical and mental) and trauma